Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Story

I am writing a story! Here is the first chapter, I hope you like it. Comments are appreciated. :)


Chapter One
Hi. My name is Kylee. Kylee Drake, to be exact. I am 11 years old, and live with my mom. Just my mom. I think I may have had a Dad at one point, but for all I know, he is gone. I don't have any siblings, either. Whenever I ask my mom about it, it's like her body shuts down and she won't even talk about it. I remember one time I asked her if I had a Dad. She walked out of the room and I didn't have any dinner.  One thing you may want to know about me is that I live in Bellevue, Washington, and my mom works for Microsoft. I am not that great at school, either. I go to Sacred Heart school, and I am ending my 5th grade year here. My mom said it is time for a vacation because the school year is almost over, and we haven't been on any for a few years. The only catch is: If I don't keep my grades up, I don't get to go. And that means my mom will go by herself. And THAT means that I will be spending two weeks of my summer vacation with Mrs. Wegdewood, my annoying neighbor, to babysit me at her house. And all she ever eats is McDonald's. My #1 least favorite food. And that annoying dog of hers, fry or whatever.   But luckily, my best friend Elizabeth Hare  ( Eliza for short ) is super smart and has agreed to help me study...if I in return help her train for track, which I am thankfully good at.  We have been inseperable for as long as I can remember. Her mom is the greatest. Whenever I am at her house,and  my mom calls saying she will be getting home late from work,  Mrs. Hare always let's me stay for dinner, which is often. My mom is just so absorbed in her work all  the time.  I really wish I could spend more time with her, which is why I am so excited to go on the vacation this summer...if I do. But I am willing to bet she will be on her phone half the time. Oh well. I guess I will just have to deal. Oh. I just heard her car pull in. I run downstairs and open the door, and see my mom, with papers in her hand and her blue tooth right on her ear. " Okay. Yes. Alright, thank you very much, I'll see you tomorrow. What? No, I couldn't. Really? How interesting. Uh huh. Okay, okay. Goodbye. " Then she hangs up. With an exasperated voice she says, " Oh, hi Ky. ( My nickname )How was school today? " I reply " Fine. And yes, I did finish my homework. You don't have to worry. And guess what?!" "  Sweetheart, I had a very hard day at work today ", she interrupts. " I don't have time for that right now,  I am going to my room to finish a paper, and I will give you a kiss goodnight in a minute. "  Then she walks away, and I hear a door shut.  See what I mean? Yeah. I know. But I'm used to it, so I don't mind to much. I am really looking forward to the weekend. You might be wondering why I already did my homework on a Friday night. Well, I guess I'm just one of those people. I go to my room, and I guess I fell asleep before my mom gave me a kiss goodnight. When I wake up in the morning she is gone for work, so I make myself a bowl of cereal. Corn flakes. My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment