Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mindless Monday

I am feeling- pumped up for our second swim meet tomorrow..woo hoo and go Twin Lakes Penguins! I talked to my coach Jenna about what I would be swimming and she said I was going to do my normal relays, and then 100 IM or 50 butterfly, and then 50 free!


I am wearing- gray sweats, a white tee shirt, and hair is wet because I went running today at the track below my house and I was all sweaty!

Outside my window- Well, it looks like the weather is finally starting to get a bit better, and it was sprinkling earlier, but it is still pretty nice...perfect running weather!


I am - STILL - reading- a MILLION books, have read about 10 books in the past week, and some of them are pretty good. Right now I am reading a book called blubber, and another one called " Here's to you, Rachel Robinson" both by Judy Blume. The latter one is the sequel to the first one ( which I started and finished today) called Just as long as We're Together, which was really good.


I am grateful for -  The swim team, a great way to spend the summer. Packed with Fun, exercise, and Fun! Yeah, I know I said fun twice, but seriously, I LOVE it! It is the BEST, probably could not live without it. You might be thinking " What? Is she out of her mind? Getting up  at 7:15 every morning in the summer, and going to swim a bajillion laps in an outdoor pool? Spending two nights a week at swim meets, and committing to being on the team? This sounds the LAST thing but fun. " hahaha. Those who are thinking that you are WRONG!  :)

I am proud of-  -going running today! But it felt better than slouching around at home and reading for 2 hours! And-extra exercise too because there is a GIANT hill that we had to walk down :) and up :( . You may think that's bad, but my sisters brought their bikes, and no-ser-ee were they going to ride their bikes up the hill, so they had to push them up. egh.

- Getting straight A's on my report card except for one thing in social studies which was a B+ and my science teacher said that one of my projects was one of the best he has seen in the 5th grade! woo hoo! 




I am listening to- someone taking a shower upstairs, and the sound of my fingers typing away on the keys, and the quiet classical music in the kitchen.

I am praying- that my swim team wins our 2nd meet tomorrow!  Also for my Grandma, because she is still recovering from hip-surgery!

In our garden- The strawberry plants are finally coming up, even though they are small they are super sweet!

From the kitchen-this morning Mary Catherine and Arianna wanted frosted flakes cereal for breakfast, but we only had corn flakes, so they poured sugar from the sugar bowl into their cereal bowl! Crazy girls!

One of my favorite things- curling up with a good book in peace and quiet.

A few plans for the week- two home meets for swimming-woo hoo! No long travels
-reading, reading, reading.

-soccer practice on Wednesday

-( maybe, hopefully) a sleepover with one of my BFF.


Thanks for reading, come back next Monday for another one!

MG

No comments:

Post a Comment