Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Story

Here is my next chapter :


Chapter Four

" Daa-aaaad ! " I called as I slammed the door, home from school, . " Are you home? "  He walked into the kitchen. " Hey, Sammi, how was school? Did you have any tests? Did you get in trouble? Did you get in any fights ? Did you - " 
" Dad. School was fine, you need to stop worrying about me. " My dad's face fell. " Honey, I'm sorry. I really try not to be over protective. I just get so worried that something might happen to you. And I must imagine how life must be without a mom."  " Do you think it's easy? Not having someone to help me with my friend problems, or cheer me up when I am down. You do a good job, but I guess having a mom never entered your mind. And I had news for you, but I think you would just go on about how I would never be able to do it, and that I am to busy. So I'll  will just go start my homework. " Then sarcastically I said " You would want me to finish it, right? Oh, and don't even go on about how I need to have a snack so I can stay healthy, and that I didn't tell you about what happened at school to today, or that I left my clothes on the floor, or that the cat shedded - " " SAMMI! " My dad exploded. " I try to do my best,I REALLY do. But maybe-" But I was already halfway to my room, and I wasn't going to listen. I slammed my door, and flopped on the bed and started crying. All my dad has ever done is worry about me, it's always ' did you finsih this' or ' cme on do that' or 'come pick this up' . He is always worrying, and I never get time of peace and quiet! I quieted down, and pulled a paper out of my backpack, the one I was going to show him. It had in bold letters:

         CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
Do you love art? Well come to this event at the
Mirror Museum on
June 28th, at 7 PM and bring your best works with you.
To secure a spot, call 546-666-8932. Remember, it won't be
fabulous without YOU.  It will be a competition, so 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies will be given out, so bring your best work!
All are welcome to come, even if you don't have
something to bring.
For details visit our website, at mirrormuseumcomp.com today!

My teacher had shown it to us, and she told us that anyone in the class could participate, and I love art, so I saw it as an opprotunity to mae my dad proud, and show off my skills! I have been sketching, painting, and drawing since forever, and I already had plans of what I was going to draw. I just needed to make up with my dad, and get his permission to enter. I opened my door and walked into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment