Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Story

Here is chapter 3! I hope you like it, and I am still waiting for a title!



Chapter Three
This morning as I walked into my classroom, I noticed that it was buzzing with excitement, and everyone seemed anxious, nervous, even.  Elizabeth rushed up to me, breathless. “ Are you ready for the math test? It’s on dividing fractions. We studied it last week, so you should be prepared. “ Oh no! the math test! I totally forgot! And fractions are what I am the worst at! “ Ok, class. Take you seats. The test is about to begin. “ Are the words I heard from my teacher, Mrs. Andrews. Elizabeth hurried over to her desk.  “There are 30 problems on the test. When you are finished, turn it over, no cheating, if you have any questions, raise your hand and I will assist you. Robert, spit your gum out. Okay, When you get the test, you may start. “  My heart sank as she put it on my desk. What was I going to do? Then I saw Elyse slide her paper over to the edge of her desk. I knew cheating wasn’t allowed, but this was an exception. It was one of my only chances to get a good grade, because Elyse was the top student in the class, and I needed to go on that vacation! I saw the fist problem and copied the answer, ¾  on my paper. I whispered in her direction “ Thanks, Elyse. “ I knew Mrs. Andrews wouldn’t notice. She was busy dealing with Robert, who had made a spit ball. The next words I heard were out of Ashley’s mouth. “ Teacher, teacher! Kylee is copying off of Elyse!  I just saw Elyse slide her paper over to Kylee, then Kylee said thanks back to her! “ Ohh, that little rat! How dare she!  Mrs. Andrews turned her attention to me and Elyse. “ Girls, is this true? Were you cheating ? “  My face turned beet red as I said “ Yes, Ma’am. But-“ “ NO buts! “ was her reply. “ Cheating in this classroom is strictly forbidden, and I will not tolerate exceptions! Now, to make up for this, you will both receive a 0% on the test, and will stay after school for detention for a week.  No exceptions, I don’t care. You will stay, and do jobs. “  What? How was my mom going to handle this? Our deal as that if I could maintain at least a B for the last 2 weeks of school, then I could go on the vacation. If my mom found out, then I would be dead meat! Humiliated, I hoarsely said “ Yes, Ma’am. “ At the same time as Elyse.  Well, you know what they say. “ You get what you pay for . “ Boy, was I getting it! As I sat through the rest of the test, I wondered ‘how am I  going to deal with it. Maybe I could make up for it, or earn money to pay for my ticket to wherever we were going. ‘ That reminds me, If I am going, where would we go? Hawaii? New York? France?  “ PARIS ! “ I shouted out loud. Uh oh. Now I was in for it. Mrs. Andrews glared at me as my face drained all color. “ Kylee, was there something you wanted to share with the class. ? “  “ No Ma’am. “  “ Then zip it. Next time it’s to the principal’s office. “  “ Yes Ma’am. “  I could punch myself!  Two times getting in trouble just in a half an hour. I’ll have to watch my mouth from now on.  But still, Paris sounds like a beautiful place! I can just imagine my mom and me sitting outside a cafĂ©, eating muffins, ohhhhh it just sounds perfect! But first, I would have to deal with detention . . . and my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment