Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Story

Here is the next chapter of my story, I don't have a name yet, so I would love suggestions in comments, or you can email me at marygrace.curran@gmail.com, and here is the second chapter . . . enjoy! ( You can find the first chapter in the 'labels' section labeled ' story', if you want to see what happened in the beginning )

Chapter Two
Greetings. My name is Samantha. Samantha Lynn, to be specific. I like to be called Sammi, though. Don't you think it sounds a lot catchier? Yeah. I live with my dad. Only my dad. I believe at one time or another I had a wonderful mother. I imagine her with brown curls, and a sweet smile, and I like to think that she would always be there for me. But, unfortunately, I just live with my dad. Well, it isn't unfortunate that I live with my dad. Just that I don't live with my mom. I am 11 years old, and my birthday is May 17th.  I live in Paris, France. Yup. The whole Eiffel Tower, coffee shop, top clothes designer, french accent, barret place. I actually have a good view of the Eiffel Tower from my bedroom window in my apartment. I don't speak much french, because I go to a school where girls from America can go to school, and I am very smart, and  my best friend's name is Susan Hallahan, she is from Georgia. I am actually from Washington. I used to live there, and when I turned 1, I guess I moved with my dad to Paris. It has always been his dream to live here, and he is as happy as he'll ever be.  I am perfectly happy here, but I have always wanted a sister, someone to play games with, and go climb trees with, and do childhood things with. I really miss that I couldn't do that. But at least I have my friends, and my dad. We love to go out at night and just take a walk through the neighborhood. School is almost over, and next year I will be moving up to the " Intermediate School", sort of like middle school in the United States I have read about.  I have a little bit of homework tonight, and even though I am smart, I don't like math . . . especially fractions . . . ugh. " SAMANTHA GENEVIVE LYNN, GET OVER HERE THIS instant! " are the next words I hear from my dad. I open my door, and trudge into the living room, thinking what could be the next possible thing he is yelling about. He takes one look at me and exclaims " Samantha. What am I going to do with you? You cannot leave your backpack in the front doorway, what if there was a fire, or what if someone needed to come in? And have you finished your homework? I know you have math homework every night. And where is that darn cat of yours? I have not seen him lately, you probably know where he is..." And as he trails on and on, I am thinking ' Okay, there is not going to be a fire, no one is going to come in, yes I know about my homework, you do not need to pester me about finishing it. I am capable of finishing these  silly things myself, dad. And my cat, his name is Bailey, is perfectly fine in my room. -We got him when I was 5 years old. At the time, I was obsessed with cats, it was really funny, my dad says. But still, he shouldn't get all worked up-' " And please do not roll your eyes at me like that, young lady. " He finishes scolding me.  Another thing I forgot to mention about my dad is that he is a LITTLE over protective, if you've noticed. I deal with it, but seriously, he should start to get a hint that I am 11 years old, and as I said before, I am perfectly capable of handling myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment