Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Retreat

You may be wondering why I haven't been blogging so much . . . it's because I was at a retreat all week! The theme was " The Beatitudes of Jesus" and we had mass every day.  Our schedule was ( in a simplified version ) at the beginning of the morning we had prayer in the chapel and then we would go eat breakfast. After that you would go to your group, children, adults, or youth. I was in the youth group, and the kids in my group were really funny and nice, and I learned alot about the beatitudes, and other fun things. My group leader, Micheal Peters, was really funny and was an AWESOME group leader! After we did our groups we went to church, then we head over to eat lunch, and we had free time. On Wednesday I went down to the beach with my friends, Gillian and Jessica, and we turned over tons of rocks and found crabs . . . I know it sounds babyish but it was fun...hahaha. So we had free time for a few hours then we did different group activities and games, and at night, from 10 to 11, we ran around the grounds, which are huge and really scary cuz it's in a forest ( part of it ) and we played this AWESOME game in the dark, and it was SO creepy.  But it was SO fun, and we are going back tonight! I had tons of fun, and I would love to go next year, and I only got a few pictures, so here they are!




 Eating breakfast ...
 The " children" made a giant rosary and brought it up during mass

 The chapel
 A St. Therese praying place
 The youth room
A rose

No comments:

Post a Comment