Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Story

Here is chapter five of my story! Read the first chapters in the label section on the sidebar called " Story" !


Chapter Five
That day as I trudged into detention after 7th period, Mrs. Andrews looked up at me " Kylee, today during math, that was very unusual for you. I have never seen you cheat like that the whole time I have been teaching you. Is there something wrong? "  I walked over to her desk. " Mrs. Andrews, I am really sorry about today. It's just that I have one chance to go on a vacation with my mom, and I really need that time with her. If I could maybe make up for it and take a different test with the same kind of problems? Or do the test over, and show my work? You know I only copied the first problem. " Mrs. Andrews sighed. " Kylee, dear.  As you know, cheating is not tolerated in my classroom, and I will not make exceptions for you. You will still have to stay after for detention, but it is possible that you could re-take the test. How about you start that right now. You have a little under an hour, but if you pushed yourself, I am sure you could finish it. " " Oh thank you Mrs. Andrews! Thank you SO much! I promise I won't ever never in a million years cheat again, oh thank you! "  Mrs. Andrews' face grew stern. " Now, Kylee, if you want to get that good grade on your test, I suggest you start right now. "  " Yes Ma'am. "  And for that 50 minutes, I worked extremely hard on that test, and tried to push through the problems.  A couple I got stuck on, but I tried my best, and thats what is important. When the clock was about to turn to 3:00, I walked uo to Mrs. Andrews desk and turned the paper in. " Thank you, dear. Tomorrow I will have this corrected, and I hope you can go on that trip of yours. But remember, you still have detention. "  " Okay, thank you Mrs. Andrews. Have a fabulous night. " And right then and there, I walked out the door and started walking home. When I came walking up my street, I saw my mom's car parked in the driveway. My heart dropped to my toes. What was I going to tell her? Maybe she would forgive me, and I would get a good grade, and we could all move on with life.  Probably she hadn't even noticed I wasn't there, and just started her work in her bedroom. It wouldn't even be a surprise to her.  I walked down the rock lined path that led to my front door, and stepped on the porch. I couldn't hear anyone inside, though. I opened the creaky door, and dropped my backpack on the floor. " Mom? Are you home? " I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. " Hi, honey. why did you get home so late? " Her phone rang. " Oh, I have to take this. Why you are late doesn't matter, but I want to talk to you about that trip of ours during dinner.  She flicked the cell phone open. " Hi, George. How are you? Good, yes. Well I wanted to talk to you about the - . " Her voice was cut off as she shut the door to her bedroom. Phew! Now that she didn't care, I guess I was free! But it still bothered me that she was so caught up in her work. I decided to go upstairs and start my homework. I can't believe that graduation is next week! I just needed to get the good scores on all of those end of the year tests. I think I did pretty good on my math test, just good enough to get a B or maybe even better. When I finished my homework, I tudged downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen, cutting a zuccini. " Oh, hi Kylee. I just got off the phone with Mr. Hinder. So, do you have any ideas to where we should go on vacation? " I walked to the counter and took a seat. " Well, I was thinking Paris. Don't you think that would be wonderful? " My moms face turned into a smile. " I think we could work that out. That sounds like a great plan. But remember our little deal, you have to get good grades! "

No comments:

Post a Comment