Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Camp Hamilton !!!!!!!

Hey, I just got back from camp, it was SOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!!! I had a BLAST and met some really awesome girls that are super nice and a joy to be around, while I also was thrilled with hanging out with one of my good friends Jessie!!! Some of the things we did were: Kayaking,riding in canoes, sail-boating, swimming in the 80 acre lake, going hiking to the top of Mt. Store, earning beads on my eagle including the St. Francis Cabrini bead, Sunrise bead, Flower bead, and Green -berry Bead, Going on the overnight and digging the h.i.f.f.y. a.k.a. hole in forest for you, waking up at 5 to watch the sunrise over the cascade mountains- it was SO pretty!!!- , sleeping on the beach, going to campfire every night and acting crazy singing, dancing, and chanting cabin cheers, hanging out with my Klickitat buddies ( The camp is organized by 5 groups, Klickitat, Washougal, Klamouth, Palouse, and Tatonka, which all except for Tatonka have about 3 cabins with 10 campers in each cabin, and Tatonka was older kids ) , roasting marshmallows, doing a reading at mass, going to mass twice this week, going to reconciliation, going to adoration, and doing the challenge course, where all of the girls in my cabin had to get in order of birthday without speaking, and getting numbers 1-10 and memorizing them but not telling anyone, and not talking OR seeing, which we both completed successfully! I also did medium ropes, which is also called TNT =, kind of like an obstacle course, but going UP into the trees, climbing ropes, going through tires, walking up ledges, and getting onto a square thing at the top, which I finished in an actually short amount of time, tie dying shirts, and laughing and being silly, and a TRILLION more things! I had the most fun EVER, even though I had a slight cold. Oh and I also made a collage and did painting, and made a rosary! Here are a bunch of pictures, and this time I kinda have to make an exception because it would just be cruel to not show you them all, almost a sin!

 My cabin. jessie, Lindsey, Lauren, Sarah, me, Elizabeth, Madeline, Sophie, and Cami. :)
 Going to Discovery ( disco ) lodge for lunch

 Part of the lake
 setting up the fire
 The bonfire!
 Riding in the canoe in the early morning
 Jessie eating a flower
 Cami being silly
 cherries in the garden, yum!
 Lindsey not liking the green berry too much. :P
 Cami being grossed out by the green berry! :)
 the girls taking a rest
 the fire!
 Our foil dinners
 Right before the sunrise

 the AMAZING sunrise!
 the Cascade's in the later morning
 Sail-boating
 everyone at the beach
 Lindsey and Lauren
 ( from left to right ) Sarah and Cami
 Me and Annie
Hahahahaha :P

1 comment:

  1. Hey MG, LOVE all of the pictures!! Is there any chance you could make me a CD of all of the pictures?
    J

    ReplyDelete