Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Hunger Games!

Well, as you probably know, I have started reading the WONDEFUL series, the Hunger Games! As of the moment, I am reading the last one, it is just as excellent as the first, and you might be wondering if I am Team Gale or Team Peeta, and at the moment I am neutral....I am Team Katniss! Haha.....I don't even think there is a Team Katniss. So anyways, the first book. I will tell you what it is about. So there is this 16 year old girl, Katniss Everdeen. She has long brown hair that she wears down her back every day,and  she lives with her mom and her little sister who is 12, Primrose. ( Prim, for short ) Her dad died when she was I think 11 or 12, and I guess she isn't as close to her mom since. She lives in what used to be The United States, in a place called District 12. There are 12 districts, from 1 to 12, and they are absolutely dictated by The Capitol, the head of all of the other Districts, that tells everyone what to do. In all of the districts, there is one main industry that it takes care of, like fishing, agriculture, or lumber. Distric 12 takes care of mining. Anyways, every year, to remind the whole country of Panem( What the whole country is called. Sorry I forgot to mention that. ) that they still have complete and utter power over them, The Capitol holds a yearly Hunger Games, where two tributes from each district, one boy and one girl, go to an arena, and fight to the death to crown the annual Hunger Games champion in any sort of climate/landscape that the capitol designs for them, a different one every year. ( This is the 74th hunger Games) So to choose, they do this ceremony called the reaping, where they pick names out of these two glass bowls, on for the boys and one for the girls. And since her sister Prim, is only 12, this is her frist time, so she only has to have her name enetered one, unlike Katniss . Anyways, Prim's name is picked. And Prim is kind of dainty, and Katniss knows that she would never stand a chance, so she volunteers to go for her. the boy is Peeta Mellark. And there are SO many details about a whole bunch of other characters and stuff, but I think I will make you read the book to find out what happens. 

Hope ya liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment