Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the thirteenth!

Since toda is Friday the 13th, and I had to write an essay for school about it, I thought I'd put it up here for you to read! :)

                                                                                    Mary Grace Curran
1/11/12
San Juan
My Unlucky Day

I think I could tell that my day was off to a bad start when I woke up in the morning, breathing hard and sweating rapidly from my bad dream. I don’t even want to go into detail to tell you how scary it was. Anyways, after I recovered from my nightmare, my day just got worse.
I suddenly realized that it was 7:20. oh no! I was going to be late for school! I suddenly rushed up from my bed, and ran to my closet to get my uniform on. I searched through my drawers, but in despair saw that I had no clean uniform. I sprinted downstairs, messy hair and all, and went into the laundry room. On top of the washer was my uniform, about to be put in by my mom. I screamed at her not to, but it was too late. When I pulled my uniform out, it was soaking. I went up to my sisters room and put on Anne Marie’s uniform, and it was too tight, but it would just have to do. I got plenty of laughs as I ate breakfast, put my old shoes on-the new ones I had just gotten had been eaten by our dog-and hurried out the door.

When I got to school, you can imagine the types of looks that I got. When I sat down to do d.o.l., and was putting the date on, I realized it was Friday, the 13th. No wonder my day was going horribly! By the time recess came around, my day had not gotten a tad bit better. To sum everything up, i had gotten all of the questions on my d.o.l. wrong, I tripped in front of the whole class while giving a book talk, plus I tons of kids had been laughing at me. Not to mention the behavior slip to talking too loud, homework slip for forgetting my backpack with all of the work in it, uniform slip for my hair being messy, and tardy slip for being late. I thought, ‘ Well at least I have a chocolate cupcake for snack. “ But then I remembered that I had forgotten my lunch.

Out to recess I went, and when I got outside, my best friend Andrea said “ Woah. Look what the tornado blew in. What is wrong with your hair? “ I sighed and told her my story. She said, “Well, that’s too bad for you, and by the way, I left my favorite game at your house like a month ago. I am having a sleepover with Carolyn, Claire, and Kayla. I thought it would be fun if we could play it tonight. Mind if I drop by and grab it? “ Woah! Talk about being dissed by your best friend! My day was going horribly! I looked up with a as-best-as-I-could-when-I-was-mad- smile, and said “ Sure. You can come over at 4 . “ Andrea smirked and said with a snooty voice, “ Thanks. I know I can always count on you! “

I lounged off to the library to see if my favorite thing-reading-could cheer me up. But then Mrs. Rickard told me that I had two overdo books. What? I have never had a book overdo! But I guess they were in my backpack as well. After that little mishap, the bell rang, signaling the end of recess. The rest of the day was so bad, including sitting by myself at lunch, being pointed at and laughed at, getting another behavior slip, slipping in the mud at recess, and not even having a lunch to eat by myself. When I got home, I found out that both my parents had been really badly injured in a car accident, and were in the hospital. As I cried and asked you was watching me, I got-you guessed it-bad news. It was my least favorite babysitter, Sally McFunnypants.
I growled under my breath, and went upstairs to start the 4 hours of homework I had. My little siblings had destroyed my room when I was at school, and ripped all of the pages out of my favorite, autographed books. I just sat on my bed that was pretty much ruined and cried for the rest of the night. I guess I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, the clock read 7:59. I groaned and thought, not another bad day! But then I realized it was Saturday. My parents had miraculously gotten better, and were both home. My room was back to normal, and I saw a new uniform hanging in my coset. That day, my mom helped me clean my room, and scolded the kids. Andrea called and said she was really sorry, and that the sleepover was actually tonight. she asked if I wanted to come, and I said, “ Sure! “ My day got better from there, and I realized that even I would sometimes have bad days like yesterday. But for now, I was happy just the way I was.

2 comments:

  1. Hey God sis + I absolutely love your blog and everything u write and all the pictures 2 and I read the story about all the bad luck about u going to school and everything I loved it its so funny i actually thought the story was real until I read the part were it said ur dog ate ur shoe and i was like wait a minute they dont have a dog but I still loved it.
    Xoxoxo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's really funny. :) Thank you I am so happy you love my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete