Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh No! My Room Is Looking Less and Less Like Itself! ( But I Suppose That's a Good Thing)

My room indeed is changing! Yesterday I started painting my walls with a family friend of ours who also nannies the younger kids, and it is starting to look super different! I finished the last small section today, and my room is all blue right now! ( Except for the ceiling)

All I have left to do is paint the ceiling white and do another coat of paint on my wall. Since it took a gallon to do the whole thing once, I figured it would take another to do it twice really well, so my mom is out getting another gallon right now, as well as a quart of white paint for my ceiling. I hope it's enough!

I also have paint all over my hands and on my clothes. ( good thing they're paint clothes! ) This morning as well as the past couple of days I had volleyball camp at the University of Puget Sound, and it has been great, and I like it better than some of the other camps I have been to. I like this one because it is an hour shorter, which is nice, and it also has college girls coaching us instead of high-schoolers, so the coaching is really good which makes it more fun! I have one more day left, which is tomorrow. Tonight is also the penguin Swim Team banquet, which I am excited for!!! I'm probably not going to get any trophies or anything like that, but it's okay. It is still really fun, with swimming and stuff, so I hope that'll be fun.

Here are some pictures of the things I have been working on. I still need to upload the ones of the paint. :P

 My Mom decoupaging letters.... ( OMG for...well it should be obvious to you :P  ) I did the rest right after her, but I had to stop so I could take a picture.  :)
 The pan of Mod Podge

 The letters at the end!! So pretty! Especially since they started off brown.....I still need to trim the edges and add pretty borders to them to make them pop more.



 The bench before.....and after......I still need to sew the new cloth on, as you can see, but there is such a difference in the two! Especially after I painted it and got new fabric! The two things really do make a difference. :)

 My closet full of all of my stuff that is regularly in my room because I needed to move it for painting!

This isn't supposed to be a picture of me, just of my mirror, a shelf taken down, and other things. It looks weird with everything on my walls down! It's so different!

Well, I still have a handful of things I need to get done before I finish my room, but since my Mom is due to have her new baby any day now, and we are going to Massachusetts in a couple of weeks, those will both put dents in my progress, but that's okay because I am really really excited to go to Boston and see all of my Dad's side of the family, whom I haven't seen in a couple of years!!!! Yay!!! :)

Signing out,  (To go do some more painting )



MG

No comments:

Post a Comment