Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Conference

This past weekend our family had the chance to go to a Family Conference at Holy Family Parish in Kirkland. Last night we listened to two talks, one given by a very sweet lady who was also my favorite talker named Mary Bielski from Indiana and another talk given by a guy who's name I forgot. This morning we ( we meaning The Jr. High ) listened to two talks as well, each about an hour long, about defending our faith by a man named ughh I think it was something Coffin ( haha funny, right? ) , and about challenges teens face these days by Teresa Tomeo, a national speaker from Michigan! . After that we had lunch, and a break for a while. In the afternoon we saw this really awesome guy named Jim something or other, a.k.a. " The Spoon Man ". He was really awesome and he played the spoons, as in like a musical instruments! and that may sound lame or something, but it was actually really cool and sounded totally awesome! Next we listened to two more talks one given by Mary again, ( which was my favvvorritte talk! It was called " Take out The Trash" Or something like that and it was about how to be a good friend, and how to not gossip and be mean or talk aout people behind their backs. After that there was a very talkented speaker named Barbara something or another and she talked about Movies, and a lot of things about them, and also about video games. It was very interesting. So, that wraps it all up! While I was there, I saw Gillian Richards, a close friend of mine, and Audrey Collins, a seventh grader who goes to my school, also my friend. And my mother said that one of the mom's there said that her daughter, Sarah, reads my blog everyday -  :)  - so Hi Sarah! Anyways, I have to go so bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment