Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May Crowning

Today at St.Vincent De Paul school, we had a whole school mass. Since the month is May, which honors Mary, there was a Crowning. At the beginning of the procession, all the eighth graders walked with kindergartners, who held flowers, and they would put them in a basket in front of the Mary statue in front of our church. Finally, the Mary statue was crowned! In January, our school took participation in the respect life poster/essay contest. Students in grades 1-6 made posters that showed how we respect life, the theme this year was " Life is precious". The 7/8th graders write an essay. Today, the winners of the contest was announced. Well, I didn't win anything, but my sister Mary Catherine did! She won 2nd place in the 1st and 2nd grade, and received a check for $15.00. Unfortunately, I was with my class during the mass, so I couldn't take any pictures :( Oh well, maybe next time!
Thank you for checking out my blog!
Mary Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment