Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Book Review

I just finished reading THE most AMAZING book EVER! It is called " Heaven is For Real" By Todd Burpo. It's about a 2 and 1/2 boy named Colton Burpo ( Todd's son ) who gets an eruptured appendix. Weeks are spent trying to help him. There are chaotic trips to the hospital and emergency room, and surgery's are done to try to make Colton better. Well, eventually he does, but what happened to him while he had his surgery done is astonishing. Burpo claims that he went to heaven and back! He describes it just as a little kid would, and tells the most amazing things that his parents never told him! An example- Colton's mother had a miscarriage but she never told Colton about it. When Colton came back, he said " My sister hugged me and hugged me super hard!". His parents asked him what the child's name was. His reply-" She doesn't have a name. You never named her. " Mr. and Mrs. Burpo disagreed on names for the baby girl, and now say to each other" I am going to get to heaven first so I can name her."  Many touching stories like this and other amazing things are found in the book " Heaven is For Real."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing this book, Mary Grace. I've heard of it but didn't know much. Now you've inspired me to read it! I just started reading your blog so I don't know if you've reviewed other books, but as a teacher, I think it's a great thing for you to do. Lise LaSalle (friend of your dad and mom from NH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got that book 2 weeks ago! Esther read it in a day and found it pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete