Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Runaway!!!!

When John Mark ( 5) kind of wandered off at the beach the other day, I thought of this story...really cute...
About a year ago my mom was driving home from something with Arianna, Mary Catherine, and John Mark. Arianna was teasing Mary Catherine with this dime she had, saying stuff like " I have a dime, and you dont, I have more money than you, ha ha ha ha ha". Mary Catherine was upset at that , so she yanked the dime out of Arianna's hands and threw it out the car window on a road very near our house. And Arianna being Arianna, she burst into hysterical tears, and cried for the 30 more seconds it took to get home. Now, Arianna eventually was ok, but in the midst of all this, John Mark felt really bad for Arianna. He decided to do something I will explain a little later. When my mom got home the kids all ran out of the car and ventured to different places in the house, either playing on the computer, or a make pretend game with their fellow siblings. Now, all the siblings were there except for John Mark. My mom slowly realized this and just assumed he was upstairs glued to the television watching one of his favorite cartoons, so she went on with what she was doing. John Mark, in fact, was NOT upstairs, or actually anywhere in the house, but somewhere else. No more than about 5 minutes later did the door open then slam shut just as fast with John Mark standing in front of it, gasping for breath. Now my mom had a million thoughts racing through her head and asked John Mark where he had been. John Mark said " Well I felt really bad that Mary Catherine threw Arianna's dime out the car window so I went back to the road, and looked everywhere to find it, but then I heard a car coming down the road really fast so I ran home as fast as I could- I am really sorry Arianna I didn't find your dime. "  Now that is the kind of brother I would want to have when my sister throws MY dime out the window. Now, John Mark just happened to be standing next to me when I wrote this, so I took a  picture of him  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment