Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to Arianna!

Yes indeed. Today my little sister, Arianna, is 8 years old!!!! She is the fourth oldest in our house amoung the kids, and even though she drives me crazy most of the time, I still love her. :) My Mom and Dad this morning set a really cool table for her birthday, extra special because we are going to a wedding today, (I love weddings! ) and won't be able to spend as much time with her celebrating.

A-lways follows directions and rules, even if she wants to break them REALLY badly, she doesn't. Last year at Wild Waves Mary Catherine, Arianna, and Anne Marie went on some water slides. Mary Catherine and Anne Marie went twice-they were only supposed to go once. Guess who didn't follow her older sisters?

R-emembers EVERYTHING. Sometimes we are in the car, and she tells my mom something like "Mom, you said last week that we could go to Menchies if we were good.....we didn't go. We have to go TODAY because you said we could and we DIDN'T." Or she'll say " Mary Grace, remember on Christmas Eve, ( now keep this in mind that this was last week ) you said that if I could carry you on my back across the room, you would give me a dollar. Well, it's time to pay up. "


I-dependent. She will always go into the store if mom asks her, and buy a loaf of bread-with my mom's debit card! She will go on the Timberhawk, or down a giant water slide all by herself, she will be the one who goes outside when there are spiders crawling all over the ground, rain coming down, lightning in the sky, and giants walking all over the place to get the mail..well maybe, with some persuasion. :)


A-lways a help to her mom. She will do anything mom asks, even if she doesn't want to, and will help watch her younger siblings, and will help organize books, and even this year she wrapped her own birthday presents!

N-umbers. She loves figuring out money equations, and adding and subtracting, and figuring out time problems. One time my dad was in the car with various coins, and all of a sudden, Arianna starts adding them up and giving him answers! Another time, she said"There is 60 seconds in a minute, you know, Mary Catherine." And Mary Catherine says, "Nuh uh. There's a hundred. Duh. " and my mom said " Mary Catherine, there is 60 seconds in a minute, not 100. I think you are talking about money. " Mary Catherine was embarrassed. :P

N-otices. She always notices everything, every small tiny detail, and has something to say about it. She can notice that my door is closed when she walks up stairs, and she'll start knocking really hard and saying" Mary Grace? Why is your door closed? I was just walking up here, and your door is NEVER closed. I bet you are wrapping presents for me. I bet you are. Cuz why else would you have your door closed. Come on Mary Grace, I know you're in there. Just tell me. Are you wrapping presents in there? Cuz I have a bunch downstairs, and would LOVE to add to my collection. And you haven't put your present in the pile. Mary GRACE! ANSWER me. I know you are wrapping me presents. Mary GrAAAAAce. I know. You. Are. Wrapping. Me. Presents. Because why else would you're door be closed? Oh, I know. I bet you are doing homework. But on the day after the last day of school? Nope. SEE? You are TOTALLY wrapping me presents. Are you done in there yet? 


A-thletic. She does various sports, like swimming and soccer, and my dad says she has the best baseball swing in my house out of all the girls. :) And part of what makes her a good athlete is she is determined!  One time during a swim meet last year, there was a false start, which means that you aren't supposed to go, or it was an accident. Well Shayna, a girl on my swim team, didn't know, and went all the way to the end. Everyone the whole time was like" Oh, NO. This is going to take forever. LITTLE GIRL! STOP SWIMMING!!' Ugh. " So the race was actually a relay, and Arianna was at the other end of the pool, waiting to go. So when Shayna touched the wall, everyone was so happy and thought that now, they could start it all over. But no, Arianna was so focused on getting to the other side that SHE WENT OFF THE WALL AND STARTED SWIMMING TOWARDS THE OTHER END!  You must imagine what the crowd was like THEN. So another girl on the swim team had to jump in and grab her so she would stop swimming. :)


So happy birthday Arianna! Here are the pictures from her party.....




 Flowers! (From our yard )
 A questionare thingy that we did to see who knew Arianna the best
 The table
 Presents :)




The birthday girl!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment