Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Camp Osprey

Well, Y'all. It is very nice to be blogging again!!!! I am here to tell you about my absolutely fantastical time at Camp Osprey!!! I actually typed up everything that I did, and will show you my camp binder in another post, but who wants to hear, " So first we did this, and then we did that, and then we went here, and then we went there, and then we saw this animal, and I talked to this guy, and we had a lot of fun, yadda yadda yadda. "  No! That is plain and not full of spirit. So here, I will give you a brief overview of what we did, and if you want to hear like everything, ( a paragraph on each activity-we had to do that for our camp binders) then just email me and I will gladly send them to you. But over the course of camp, we did some activities like.....

When I first got there, I found out that I was in the raccoon cabin with two girls from my class, Claire Varden and Hannah Park. I also made a couple of good friends in my cabin, and still keep in touch with them. We had a lot of fun during the week, making up our cabin cheer, practicing the song for the skits and songs night, making posters, laughing, talking, and having fun. Most of us became good friends.

Aslo during the week we worked on most of the activities with our class, in our color groups. I was in a color group with a couple of my friends, which was good. We did things like soil study, walking on trails, water study, survival, rope-making, and other activities.

On Thursday i think I had the most fun. The camp staff surprised us with a fun day, and we got to spend the afternoon playing campwide games like capture the flag( The girls side won-of course! Mrs. wattier, the camp director, won for us!! ) Ga Ga ball, and other fun things. That night, we got to see our parents, and they came to see the campwide skits and songs.

Every night we either had a campfire or square dancing or an activity, like duck drawing. The square dancing was fun, and the campfires were always solemn and serious.

Overall, I had a GREAT week at camp, and if you want to find out more details, just email me! (my email is on the sidebar ) And btw, they are in a random order because of the way I downloaded the pics...sorry.  :)

 Me with my Adopt-a Tree



 At the composting
 Picture of a bunch of us
 Me with my music of the earth
 At mass. Father Bill and Mrs. Stewart, our principal, came down to camp and had mass with us.
 Our cabins friendship poster
 My cabin
 on the Plant I.D. trail
 Making rope
 Tracks
 Me and Emily
 silly picture
 Isaiah photo bombing my picture......this is while we were playing a game
 Mrs. Vance
 Our cabin flag
 In our cabin
 The lake
 Owen before going to camp in San Juan
 Andrea and Carolyn before leaving
 On the bus before leaving
 Eating lunch
 Lexi and Lily eating lunch on the first day

And there are your pictures!!

Thanks for reading,


MG



1 comment:

  1. Camp was so fun!!! You were awesome to have in the cabin

    ReplyDelete