Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Movie Review

Okay, so I was a little excited the day after I saw the Hunger Games. Big whoop. Here is the movie review I have for the Hunger Games, in full detail. ( for those of you who have not seen it, have not read the books, or both, and don't want to find out what happens, you may want to skip this because something will probably slip out.  :)   ) So, overall, I think the movie was excellent. The filmmakers and director and screenwriter (Suzanne Collins, actually ) did a splendid job of making the movie. It pleased me, and I believe that it pleased the millions of other people who saw it. I have witnesses. I know of only one person who didn't like it. This person is to remain unnamed. The couple of things I had problems with was that . . .

- They didn't give enough detail.  I think that they supposed that everyone who saw the movie had read the book. They missed a lot of important things that I would have liked to have seen, like

           - Rue climbing and jumping from tree to tree. I read some interviews as well as The Hunger Games, and  it very clearly states that Rue is a climber and jumper and swinger from trees. They only showed I think two scenes where Rue was in the trees. Grrr.
 
         - Where Katniss crushes berries and sleep syrup together and makes Peeta fall asleep so she can sneak away to the cornucopia! I mean, seriously? They totally just skipped that part and had Peeta fall asleep. It reminded me of a Barbie movie where at the end like the prince comes back up the mountain the bad guy kicked him off and he also has the magical gem that the princess needs, and the whole kingdom is saved.

         - I like how they portrayed a funny Haymitch in the movie, it wasn't exactly like that in the book. They didn't really make it clear that he was drunk, but they missed the part where he gives them advice that says "Here's some advice. Stay Alive"  But did they have that? Noooo.( They also missed a barfing scene with Haymitch, but I am kind of happy they skipped that )


         - So there was this kissing part with Peeta and Katniss, which I don't mind, but here was the problem. Before that had happened, Katniss had kissed Peeta on the cheek. Then Haymitch sent her a note that said " You call that a kiss? "  So Katniss kissed Peeta again, on the lips, for like 10 seconds. Then Haymitch got a bunch of sponsers to send Katniss and Peeta a pot of broth in a parachute. Great. But the film makers made it look like Katniss didn't actually love Peeta. That the only reasons he kissed him was to get sponsors to send them broth. They didn't show that the were falling in love either.  They just whipped out this kissing scene.  And I do believe that Katniss and Peeta were good together, but I am still Team Gale because she has known him her whole life and took care of her family, blah blah blah but that discussion is for a different day.

       - There was this huge riot after Rue dies, which they din't have in the book! In District 11, ( where Rue is from) they have this whole thing where everyone does the three finger salute ( yes! I loved that in the movie! They remembered to include it! ) and then someone I think Rue's Dad goes nuts, and then chaos goes loose, and it's just pandimonium.

There was also a couple of other things, but I won't mention them.  Overall, they didn't really show a lot of details, and there were a lot of loose strings.  But I did like it, so if you haven't seen it yet, and haven't read the book yet, READ THE BOOK FIRST I beg of you, you will regret it if you don't ! And it is a very quick read, a little slow in the beginning, but excellent in the end, you won't be able to put it down.  :)


And also, may the odds be ever in your favor.


Gracie <3

       

3 comments:

  1. (British Accent) May the odds be EVER in your favor!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ( In a Capitol accent) And yours as well darrrrling, yours as well. ;)

      Delete
  2. sorry. I meant Capitol accent. I just finished Mockingjay! Sooooo Good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete