Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Junior High Rally



This past weekend I went to The Archdiocese of Seattle Junior High Rally, and it was really great! Here is the schedule of everything I did...

·         7:00- Come to the Life house at St. Vincent’s with all overnight bags
·         8:00-Rules for the weekend
·         9:00-Ice breakers-we went to the church and did ice breakers, then had reflection in the chapel.
·         10:00-Prepare for sleep
·         11:00- Lights out
Saturday March 10th
·         6:30- Wake up and shower, shave and shine.
·         7:30- Breakfast / Make lunches for the day- breakfast was gross, it was hard-as-rock waffles and  I made mine with jam because the syrup looked disgusting.
·         8:30- Load up and go to Rally at Highline Community College
·         9:00-Arive Highline (Rally)- There were 1500 kids there! Haha my youth group director said there was 15000 and I was like " really? "
·         10:00 -General Session I
Archbishop Sartain gave a talk, there was praise and worship music, and we made like 20 conga lines it was really funny.
·         11:15 - Workshop I- I went to this one called Carbon Based Life Form. It was okay, could have been better.
·         12:15- Lunch- I had a ham sandwich and a CapriSun, and it wasn't very good so I was super duper hungry for the rest of the day!
·         1:30 -General Session II- There was a lady who gave a talk about the four levels of hapiness, and the talk was really good, except for that she kept bragging and it was really annoying.
·         2:45- Workshop II-This session was NOT what I was expecting it to be, and the speaker was really good.
·         4:00- Mass- it was really nice, and the priest gave a GREAT homily! but the kids in my youth group kept goofing around. :(
·         5:30 -Dinner (At St. Phil’s for Spaghetti feed)- this was REALLY fun, and the food was excellent! I got a rosary, and the kids at my table kept goofing off, and it was really fun.
·         7:30 - Dance & Games (at Highline Community College)- I say this was the best part, because I met up with three of my good friends, Jessie, Gillian, and Grace. We had a lot of fun, dancing, singing, and going on the bouncy toys.  :)
·         9:00 -End and Depart

I think it was really fun, except for those things I mentioned, haha. They had these t-shirts made by this company called Kurruso or something, and they had these really funny shirts, and I wanted to get one SUPER badly! they had one  that said " Ourapostle" like our apostle instead of "aeropostale" and instead of " iPod " it said " iGod " and you know those lifeguard shirts? well they had some that said " My lifeguard walks on water" and a bunch more! We also got a t-shirt, that said " Sacred Space" because that was the theme of the whole thing.

Thanks for Reading,

Mary Grace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment