Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Puyallup Fair!

A couple Friday's ago we had school off because of an inservice, so the teachers had to go to school but we didn't. We have had this inservice on the same Friday every year that we have been at St. Vincent's, and every time we have taken the no-school opportunity to go the the Puyallup Fair. The Puyallup Fair is a bunch of fun, and it has rides, ( we don't usually go on them ) a hobby house, a bunch of animals, cool exhibits, it's really hard to explain unless you have been there. They also have beyond amazing scones with jam and taffy! :)

So this year I brought my friend Audrey along, and after about an hour, we just ditched my family ( with permission) to have some freedom and do the things we wanted to. We rode the Extreme Scream, which was a bunch of fun!!!! I didn't want to do it at first, but she talked me into it, and she should have said " I told ya so" because it was a blast!!!

Then we ate and went around to the booths and walked around a bit. After that, my parents went on the sky-ride with the little ones, while me and Audrey went to the Hobby House, which is really cool. People collect things, like, let's say, dolls, or anything that has to do with pigs, or Coca Cola, or the Space Needle, or a sports team or something. When they have a lot of things, they enter it in the Puyallup Fair and everyone has to vote on their favorite ones. I voted on this really cool one, it was all of the Starbucks gift cards since about 2005 or something, and it was awesome! I wish I had had my camera to take pictures of it!

But we  did get pictures of other things, which was good, and speaking of those, I am going to show them to you now....

 All of us sitting on these feet-massager things
 Watching a lady doing pottery in the craft center

 John Luke in front of the painted rocks ( we get one every year)
 We ran into our cousins, the McKenna's, so we hung out with them for a while. You probably notice the additions to our group : Elyse, Clare, and Robert.  :)
 The kids, waiting to do the truck-pull

 Cat on the truck . :)
 Me, Audrey, and Clare with our scones
 All of the kids! ( between the McKenna's, Audrey, and us )
 Just the Curran family.  :)
 Guess what! while I was looking at the pictures after they downloaded, I found that when my family and me and Audrey separated, they wen to the hobby house, and my Mom took pictures. :)
 Buses!
 Ducks, I think?


Thanks for Reading!!

MG

No comments:

Post a Comment