Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

What's your "thing? "

Have you ever had that awful, irritated, feeling, where someone goes and copies your fabulous idea? Or when you get something, and you want it to be kind of "your" thing? Like, Sarah's "thing " is Chorus, she is the only person out of my friends that does that, and we all go to her concerts and she is a very skilled singer . ( I actually don't have a friend named Sarah that does chorus ) Or how about if someone starts, let's say, I don't know, Cupcake baking. And they have lots of cupcake supplies and ingredients, and impressive tools and machines and accessories all for making cupcakes! Everyone knows that  cupcakes are that person's " thing " . ( My cousin, Clare, actually does have that hobby, and her cupcakes are quite good. Go visit her blog at littlemisscupcakecutie.blogspot.com ) Well, y'all know how I started the smashboook thing-a-ma-bob? Well, someone asked me to bring it to school, and now a million people have one.

Haha I probably sound like a nag. But still. To make myself not so ....... anymore, I will just post some nice, old, quotes.

Always think that in any area of the arts, you get maybe ten percent of people who are creative, original... and the rest are generally following on, copying. -Hugh Hopper 
I think you can have moderate success by copying something else, but if you really want to knock it out of the park, you have to do something different and take chances.
- Lee Ann Womack

The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another.
- Quentin Crisp



Well now I must go off to school, and remember, I will have posts in about two weeks all about

- Tanya's Wedding ( our housekeeper/nanny )
- Arianna's First Communion
- Camp Osprey
- Mother's Day
-The conference at Kennedy High School

Along with many fabulous, wonderful pictures!!!!!! So so many pictures. : )


Off to school,

Mary Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment