Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Talk About Camp....

Well since we are leaving for camp in less than 3 days, I figured  I had better give you the run down of it, so there is no extra long explaining to do when  I get back. I figure, read the stuff and get to the pictures ! So 6th grade camp is a big tradition at our school, and we spend the whole year preparing for it. For most of that part, it is just practicing the square dancing with the 5th graders, but then on February 22nd, the 6th graders went to camp class and the 5th graders went to nutrition.

At camp clss, we learned a little bit about what we are going to do at camp, but it mostly focused on plants, tress, forestry, and water-cycle stuff. We learn how to identify a bunch of plants and trees, and have a big test on it.  We also learn about things like Merits for Manners, a point system in the dining hall at camp. We also all have a camp binder, which is worth HALF of our grade! We have to write paragrahs of about 50 different things we do at camp, and we decorate the front and put dividing sheets in and it is a really big deal. I will actually do a whole post just on camp binders.

At camp we are going to do a variety of activities, and are also going with Maplewood School, and St. Francis Cabrini School. I hope that I have at least one close friend of mine in my cabin, and I hope I meet a lot of friends at camp that I will be friends with for a long time! :) 

We are going to be at camp for 5 days, and will obviously be eating and sleeping there, so I am really excited! We are departing in the bus on Monday morning at 9:45, and the whole school stands on the blacktop waving and cheering, saying goodbye, along with our parents. 

We also have camp sweatshirts, I am wearing mine right now.  :)    ( We got them today)

Good News - It is supposed to be super nice next week, in the 80's on Monday, and 70's throughout the week! We are ususally supposed to bring rain gear and long pants and coats, but they changed some rules and now we can wear shorts!!!! But only for the days when we aren't going hiking where there are needles ( Oh my gosh! Needles hurt SO bad! -notice the sarcasm. ) which includes Monday! So I am wearing shorts on Monday.

 I am all packed and ready for camp, except for a few things, so send your prayers and blessings my way that I have a great week with all of my friends, and don't get sick!!!!! ( And that I am in a cabin with one of my close friends.  :P   )

Over and Out,

MG

2 comments:

  1. Mary Grace, i hope u have alot of fun! my class is going on an E.W.P (experience washington project) trip to spokane, grand coulee dam,davenport and more! then again, im not going because i will be in NEW YORK! (again): so this will be the 2nd! time i will be missing the class trip! yes, it is super annoying when kids talk about it and it was like last year when i DIDNT go to camp. oh,i got really off track didnt i? anyway, i hope sasquatch doesnt take u away! or someone doesnt put McDonalds ketchup in your eye...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's funny. : ) Have fun in New York!
    Hahaha no, that won't be happening, I will watch out for sneakers like you!

    ReplyDelete