Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Lucky Number 13

That's right. I'm 13. As of two weeks ago. September 28th. Day of my birth, folks. We celebrated by remodeling my room this summer, so I didn't get any presents. From my family. But I did get presents. From my class. Because I had a birthday party! And I took the courage to invite the whole class, because ya know that takes a lot of guts...my class is kinda wild. And it's also small, haha if you go to a regular  middle school or Jr. High your grade is probably 200 kids or something, but mine is only 36 or something. Minus about the 6 kids who didn't come I'm estimating?

Anyways, it was a great birthday, and a great birthday party! We had a scavenger hunt/race at the mall, called the "Amazing Grace Race" ( because of my name) and it was a blast! We got split into random teams of about 5 or 6 kids, and surprisingly, ( or not) my team won! We actually got back to the house a good amount of time before the other teams, woo hoo! :) We won by getting Cold Stone gift cards -  score there! The rules ad things for the scavenger hunt are as follows:


The Amazing Grace Race
Rules:

Stay together as a group AND NO RUNNING

Unless stated differently, a task has to involve all your team members

Points will be added for every successfully completed task: A bonus point can be given for style or creativity

A point will be subtracted for any messes left behind or any craziness during the task

You can do the tasks in any order... AFTER YOU COMPLETE FOUR TASKS, EACH TEAM MEMBER HAS TO TRADE ONE SHOE WITH ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER

Your Referee will take a picture or video of you when/as you complete a task
Hint: think about LOCATION of tasks - you won't have time to go thru the mall more than once - YOU DON'T NEED TO GO PAST MACY'S

You have to stop when the Referee says so... Last one back to the house loses one point.
Ten Tasks in the Amazing Grace Race

1.  Make a pyramid anywhere you want (creativity gets a bonus point)

2. Take a photo of all of you IN a photo booth (not taken BY the photo booth)

3. Take a photo with Sponge Bob, the Cookie Monster and Shrek (hint: Scooby Doo loves THE VAN these guys are IN)

4.  Take a photo holding guns - one gun per team member (You might have to go on TILT to get this one done)

5. Put on a creepy Halloween Mask that you have to find by looking at the right Target! (Hint: it is WAY in the back corner of the store)

6. Take a photo going up an escalator - one team member per step (the Referee doesn't have to stay with the team members)

7.  When you are "In the Zone" or feel like "Champs" you have to let your voices ring by singing the Payphone chorus (The Referee has to get this on video)

8.  Get a free sample of food - one point for each free sample up to the total number of team members

9.  Put on a funny hat --- just to make it CLAIRE(clear, if you didnt catch that)  - each hat has to be different

10. BONUS: Get a Starbuck's cup WITHOUT speaking any words in English (the Ref has to get video proof) - each cup is worth one point

So there ya have it people. Since I didn't have my camera( bad Mary Grace! ) I didn't get any pictures of the scavenger hunt, and since most of the pictures my mom took of the regular party before and after have someone making a stupid face or something, I will only post a couple of pictures! :)

                                                           Boom Box!
                                                                       haha
                                                      The schedule and rules
 
                          Haha, Anne Marie wrote" Happy Birthday MG  " all over the car!
                                                 Me and my bestie Andrea!
                                                      Mrs. Gardner's group
                                                            My Dad's group
My group. :) 

                                    My Amazing Race Group- The Sonobello's, haha. :)
                                           Me and one of my best friends Leanne
                                                    My whole class, haha. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment