Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Home For The Holidays!

Home For The Holidays, the 5th book in the  MDBC series, arrived in the mailbox yesterday! I stayed up fairly late reading it, and read it this morning, but I have only 100 pages left now. :( I am so sad, Heather Vogel Fredrick is too good of a writer! She makes the pages turn super fast or something!!!! I swear , she has magic powers. How anyone could write books as good as she does, it's just crazy!!! So I had my mom hide the book, and I will savor it this weekend.  :) And just to let you know, if you are thinking about reading the series - This is your conscience talking to you : LISTEN TO MARY GRACE! THIS WILL BE THE RIGHT DECISION! READ THE BOOKS! -then you might want to know that the girls grow one year older in each book, and Heather will probably finish the series when the girls finish high school, which they are about halfway through. It is kind of funny, the way this book works. In all of the other books, the Girls have about one chapter a month from their point of view, maybe one girl will have two chapters. All of the girls except for Becca. And the chapters are fairly long. Also, it goes through the seasons for each section, Fall, Summer, Spring, and Winter ( not in that order of course ) .  But in Home For the Holidays,  the sections are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve.  Thanksgiving being the longest, Christmas a fair length, and New Years Eve the shortest. And ALL of he girls have a chapter for each section, maybe two , including Becca. Also that chapters are reeaaaalllllyyyyyy long. So, it is very much not like the regular books. But I still am in LOVE!


MG

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled that you love the new book! And I had to laugh at your having your mother hide it from you so you can savor the rest of it over the weekend. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete